One of the most amazing experiences a college student can have is the opportunity to study abroad and immerse themselves in another culture while studying. For student-athletes, taking a semester abroad means missing out on a piece of their athletic experience in college. For this reason, and because the NCAA allows us to take a foreign tour every 4 years, we have made it an important element of our program to take our team overseas over Spring Break every 4 years for a condensed version of a study abroad experience. This March, we will be taking our team to Italy for Spring Break to provide them with an unbelievable soccer, cultural, and educational experience. In fact, this past winter break, our team spent time learning the basics of the Italian language and culture, in order to prepare them for this opportunity.
We have a donor who is willing to match every dollar raised to help us complete our goal! Every donation, no matter the size, goes a long way. Whatever gift you donate will be doubled.
• Three top level soccer games vs. the U21 Italian Women’s National Team & 2 Serie A opponents
• Watch a Serie A men’s game
• Tour of the Colosseum in Rome
• Trip to the Isle of Capri
• Tour of Pompeii
• Audience with Pope Francis at St. Peter’s Square & the Basilica
• Community Service at the Vatican
• Tour of Florence
• Cooking course at a farmhouse in the village of San Gimignano