Eligibility and Registration
You are responsible for all activities occurring under your email address and for keeping your login and password secure. We may refuse to grant you access with a login that (i) impersonates someone else, (ii) may be protected by trademark or proprietary rights law, or (iii) is vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Any attempt to access restricted areas without authorization is prohibited. You agree that if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or other security breach, you will notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you create an account with us, we may add you to our University of Minnesota (“UMN”) database and you may receive other communications to your email and mailing address. You may opt out at any time.
As part of your fundraising page setup, you will determine the UMN cause (“Cause”) you want to support. To utilize the Site and create and solicit online fundraising, your Cause must be an EXISTING cause or need at the UMN (“UMN Fund”). Our Site administration staff will do our best to match your Cause to the most appropriate UMN Fund. If we cannot match your Cause to an existing fund at UMF, the Site administrator will contact you directly.
By creating an online fundraising page for your Cause through the Site:
- You agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information;
- You agree that you are solely liable and responsible for all actions taken under your user account; and
- You agree that you do not have authority to act on behalf of, speak for, or obligate the UMF or UMN, or the Regents of the University of Minnesota, in any manner, except to use authorized UMN/UMF online tools and materials to raise funds through the UMN/UMF website.
This crowdfunding service is only available to individuals 18 years of age and older. If you are under 18 and want to raise funds for the UMN, you must work with an adult to create the account.
By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge that you understand that your fundraising page will be subject to administrator review and approval, and may be taken offline at any time for any reason. The reasons for a page being denied approval include, but are not limited to, the following circumstances:
- The page content (text or images) or solicitation tactics do not meet UMN brand standards of appropriateness.
- The fundraising cause is not affiliated with an existing UMN need or fund.
- The page creator does not appear to be over the age of 18.
- Solicitation activities referenced on the page appear to involve acts not condoned by UMF, such as hosting a raffle or a type of quid pro quo in exchange for donations.
The UMN name, branding, logo and mascot may not be used to solicit funds for any fund, cause or activity other than those permitted through this crowdfunding service or as otherwise approved by UMF in writing.
As part of your crowdfunding solicitation activities, you may engage in online solicitation via email, website posts, video solicitations, and social media promotion. You can also participate in races or host an event, soliciting for funds to benefit a UMN cause. Activities such as hosting a raffle or any type of quid pro quo in exchange for donations (for example, providing tickets to a sporting event in exchange for donations) are NOT permitted.
Donations for these activities should come through this online tool. Any other gifts connected to your fundraising activities received via check must be immediately sent to UMF at the address below. NO cash will be accepted.
University of Minnesota Foundation
P.O. Box 860266
If you choose to host an event, you are responsible for filing all appropriate registrations, obtaining all permits, releases, consents, licenses, and approvals as may be required or necessary for promoting and conducting any such event, and you are responsible for paying all expenses of the event. No portion of donations you receive may be used to cover the cost of any of your fundraising activities.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
By submitting your story and any related text, images, video or photographs (the “Materials”) through this service, you represent and warrant:
- that to the extent the materials contain the image, name, or likeness of a minor child that you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Materials and have the right to grant the University of Minnesota the permissions listed below—this includes personal health information that you choose to submit; and
- that the Materials are accurate.
You may not post, submit, upload or otherwise transmit any graphics, text, messages, photographs, images, audio or video files, or other content or information onto the Site that:
- contains a virus or other harmful component or otherwise interferes with, impairs or damages the Site;
- infringes or violates the right of any individual or entity including, without limitation, any right of privacy, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary or intellectual property right, or any contractual rights;
- is abusive, offensive, hateful, racist, disruptive, antisocial, defamatory, threatening, violent, vulgar, sexually explicit, pornographic, slanderous or otherwise harmful; and/or
- constitutes hate speech.
You may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
License and Release to Use Your Submitted Content
By submitting your Materials, you (on behalf of yourself and/or on behalf of your minor child) grant to UMF and the UMN absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, and transmit the same in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other content, in any medium and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to illustration, promotion, advertising, art, or trade, and to use your name (and your minor child’s name) in connection with UMF’s or UMN’s activities, including revenue-generating activities.
By submitting the Materials (which may include personal health information), you release and discharge UMF and the UMN from any and all claims and demands you (or your minor child) may have against them arising out of or in connection with the use of such materials, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation or invasion of privacy. You agree that UMF and UMN have no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any content that you submit or post through the service.
Limitation of Liability
UMF and UMN shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, personal or property damage, or the like) arising out of the use of this service or out of the activities or event you may host or conduct in connection with your fundraising or your use of the Site.